måndag 23 mars 2009

Bangkok, Thailand.. A diffrent world...

I landed at Bangkok airport... I only say one thing HOLY SHIT!! That airport must be the 37th man made wonder of the world.. I payed a fortune for the buss (150 baht) and got in to this VERY clean city (in comparison to India I can almost eat (literally) on the street).

Everything is so different and I kind of miss India (a lot) already and I haven't yet spent 48 hours here.

So far noticed differences:
  • It's not so friendly as in India. they are much more used to tourists here (tourists with FAT wallets).
  • Bargaining don't work.. I say 30 baht, he say not possible and then he turns his attention somewhere else. In India they would follow me two blocks down until the would offer it for a price where they almost wouldn't have a margin (the sad truth a lot of the time)..
  • Vehicles are not recycled monsters from the 60s but modern things with working turn lights.
  • They actually seem to have traffic rules like lane driving, speed limits and shit. I India the horn was the only rule. the louder gets there first.
  • I have so far seen more tourists than Thai people (slight exaggeration, but you get the point).
  • Stuff works when you expect it to (WHAT?!?).
  • It is much less hustle. (they have figured out how to get money out of you in easier ways.. "O cheep ticket to this island.. O, the the return ticket is five times the amount.. How interesting")
  • People aren't as nice.. (not surprised tho there is as many tourists as Thai people in this country.. At least it feels that way. OK, they're still nice but not in comparison.. They wont fall in love with you like in India.)

I love animals..














They got clouds in this country!

















Hannah getting a pirceing at Ko san road..


















Filip (whom is joining us for two weeks) is quite the poser.. Photo here.. O wait one more in this angle... haha.. gotta love him. This is him posing at an expensive boat we took with Vickan a mate from back home and some of her friends and Hannah the Brit who tagged along from Rishikesh (Lovely group)



Vickan herself was not posing as good.. ;)

We'll see how it turns out.. Apart from it being really expensive I quite like it...


Next I'm of to Ko Chang (island close to the Cambodian Border) (buss 220 bath)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar