fredag 20 mars 2009

In Varanasi

Crazy city..

Met Kristoffer and Johanna. Was very nice with some familiar faces.

(the bad ass Kristoffer is practicing his role for the next sprite commercial)




We got a super nice clean room at the Shiva guesthouse (one of 6 guesthouses with the same name) and crashed early the first night.

In Varanasi I saw burning bodies (No photos here.. Don't want bad karma do we??) and a lot of filth and animals. I got lost in the narrow alleys filled with life and hustlers and I ate some 20 rps thali, Super good)

I had Indians walking up to me speaking Hebrew thinking I was israeli.. A lot of Issis here!

I woke up early and watched the sunrise and got the 'living zoo' experience. MONKEYS!!!! Gotta love them (Alon loved monkeys)


There was a good amount of all kinds of animals in Varanasi.









Well only the usual.. Monkeys, dogs, cows, goats and then the humans treated like animals (the poor kid works at a dosa (south Indian pancake bread served with different types of masala (spiced stews of vegetable)) daba (a indian local resturant) around the clock, dont get any school and probably don't get salary (It might get sent to his family somewhere if he recives any)

In just a few days I'll be going to Thailand!! Whoo hoo.. Started to miss Philip a bit..

Well first I'll have to spend a night in Kolkata...




























I think it's quite horrible that the standard clothes doll is white in India.. But then the don't sell tan lotion but bleach lotion.... Hrmmm






All of the monkey photos are taken at our guest house (sunrise, day and from inside our room)

2 kommentarer:

  1. hey bro, I think u have bit over hyped India's [poverty here.. those kids working there is working out of choice and they get paid too... no one in India works fro free they would rather prefer begging than working for free...

    SvaraRadera
  2. I know what you mean. I have encountered a lot of working kids and none were kept there by force.. the thing is many only get food and a place to sleep, so yes in a sense pay but no salary.

    There is a lot of wealth in india to but also a lot of poverty...

    SvaraRadera